Who’s responsible for Luis Scola in this picture?
In a NBA game there are 10 players on the court at any given point in time.
5 players for each team.
In this picture …
* How many Raptors’ players do you see?
* How many Rockets’ players do you see?
Based on where the 4 visible Rockets’ players are located and the 4 visible Raptors’ players …
* Where do you suppose the 5th Rockets’ player is located?
* Where do you suppose the 5th Raptors’ player is located?
In this SPECIFIC SCENARIO …
* Which Raptors’ player do YOU think was actually responsible for checking Mr. Scola?
Those in Raptorville who are focusing their attention exclusively on the improved Offensive production of Andrea Bargnani, since he’s become the Starting Center for this team, and his elevated Shot-blocking and Rebounding totals, are simply missing the boat … when it comes to assessing the Raptors’ 15-30 W-L record, in the aftermath of Sam Mitchell’s firing, understanding How the NBA Game Actually Works, and the Spheres of Responsibility for players like Il Mago, Jason Kapono, Anthony Parker, Roko Ukic, Jake Voskuhl, Marcus Banks and Nathan Jawai, at the positions they’re playing for this team.
In the picture above …
* Chris Bosh or Shawn Marion [as the 5th Raptors' player on the floor] was most likely checking Yao Ming, in a Ball Side Fronting position [on the Left Block]
* Anthony Parker was most likely checking the 5th Rockets’ player who was located in the Right Corner position
* Jose Calderon was most likely checking the Rockets’ player whose shadow you can see standing in the Left Free Throw Line Extended [L-FTLX] position
* Unidentified Raptor Player X was most likely checking the Rockets’ player whose right leg you can see standing in the R-FTLX position
… which means that
* Andrea Bargnani was most likely responsible for checking Luis Scola, at this specific point during this Rockets’ possession
In all likelihood, the Raptors will eventually need to trade one of Chris Bosh or Andrea Bargnani to address effectively what’s wrong with their current team, at least, from a personnel standpoint … given the other mistakes in judgment which they’ve made regarding certain players on their roster in recent years.
Hopefully, this time, they decide to trade the RIGHT ONE.
Btw … these are the gory details:
FINAL SCORE: Raptors 97, ROCKETS 107
Complete Game Info
if you’re still the least bit interested in the EC’s 14th place team.